I just finished "The Tenth Circle" and I have to say I did like it. It was a little confusing at first, however, that may have been due to the two little people in my house that were being anything but quiet and mellow. A true result of Christmas Break Fever. Thank heavens school start tomorrow! Back to the book. I have a couple of girlfriends that have read this book. A few that liked it. A few that liked it less. I, bizarrely enough, related well to multiple characters in the story. I thought it jumped around a little bit but overall I enjoyed it. I loved the evolution of the main character, loaner, brooding artist, doting father, man betrayed and angry and ending with a compromise of all aspects of himself. Coming to terms with who you are as a person, spouse and parent. I can say that without being a parent myself I don't know that I would have judged his character the same way. He is definitely more relate able in that respect. I love the fact that he is written as the main provider and advocate for his daughter. Children in this day and age will make horribly bad, dangerous decisions and need, at times, a cheerleader and support to see the other side. I commend Jodi Picoult's approach to the sensitive topics in the book. I think that every parent should read this book. Especially those with pre-teen and teen children. It will open your eyes to a world and discussion you may never have imagined. The world has changed dramatically. Children loose their innocence far too young. Now on to the "The Pact".
The best part about winter is all the reading I squeeze in due to the weather. That, people (and peppermint hot cocoa), is the only benefit to winters in Wisconsin. If someone tells you different .......... they LIE!
No comments:
Post a Comment