Family Portrait 2009

Family Portrait 2009
Taken just before Dad passed

Sunday

Purely content

So last night my sister and her husband had date-night and I .................. got the kids.  (Internal, selfish giggle)
There is nothing in the world like listening to four children ages 9-4 play and interact when they don't know you are listening.  Horsey in the hallway, school in the bedroom and poor Zack had to endure .......... the fashion show
What else is amazing?  Having my baby nephew sleep on my chest for hours while I read.  Never a gift more relaxing.  I had forgotten how peaceful that is.  Smelling his beautiful baby smell and listening to him breath deep in sleep.  Only to remove myself when the children were ravenous with hunger and could be re-directed no more.  I have to admit they played so well, while I enjoyed my reading, snuggling and smelling euphoria.   Hooray for well-behaved, patient children!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, sleeping on my chest was my favorite part when they were babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! Poor Zacky had to do a fashion show?? LOL!! I can't believe you don't have pics to show us!

    ReplyDelete

Archives