Family Portrait 2009

Family Portrait 2009
Taken just before Dad passed

Monday

An update

It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars.
-- Garrison Keillor

Upon reflection of one's life anyone generally can find the scars, I however, am at the point in life where I must find the beauty and lessons in those scars. I must find it if I am to show my children how to.
2010 started off so sad and heavy but I am finding peace and comfort in family, friends, hugs and laughter. I give and receive them. They make life's scars more bearable and beautiful. Recent scars are shared with so many people and they remind me where we've been, where we are and the potential we have to get where we need to be. I never want my children to be ashamed of or hide their scars but to wear them with pride and let the world know what they have overcome. I feel it is something I must do to honor my father's memory, afterall, his scars were deep, visible and made him who he was. Compassionate, driven, vocal but imperfect. He so bravely embraced his "imperfect" and I am trying to do the same. Many entries in the year to come may reflect this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archives