Family Portrait 2009

Family Portrait 2009
Taken just before Dad passed

Monday

I really shouldn't.....


I have to comment on this little guy.  He is currently my favorite almost 5yr old nephew.  Okay, okay.  He is currently my only almost five year old nephew.  Back to the point.
I stopped over to my sisters house tonight (I love, love, love that they are back in the area) to pick up a check.  I spot in the sandbox (covered in sand) the cutest brown haired, brown eyed little boy who recently promised to "give hugs" everytime he sees me.  Wrong move because I cash in on a good promise where I benefit.  Anyway, I walked over and said:
"Hey Zack!  Where's my hug?"  I hold out my arms in the "only waiting for you" pose and he looks at me and says, "No.  Aunt Janelle I really shouldn't."  Ugh.  Cute!  I proceed to beg and he continues to refuse until finally I say "Zack, I don't care.  A dirty hug is better than no hug at all!  Get over here!"  He stands up in his sandbox filled with diggers and tractors, brushes himself off ever so little, walks to the side of the sandbox, sucks in some air and says "I really shouldn't be doing this ...... but okay."  He wraps those dirty little arms around me and squeezes.  Mmmmm.  Heavenly.  What a gentleman.  Didn't want to hug me in my light pink scrubs cuz he was dirty.  How cute is that?  Watch out girls, he's nearly 5..........and all MINE!  
Love you Zack J!  

2 comments:

Archives