Family Portrait 2009

Family Portrait 2009
Taken just before Dad passed

Thursday

Round 2

Well, after venting and letting the parenting guilt bubble over in my last post.  I thought it only right to fill you in on how today went.
1.  Autumn's teeth looked great.  We are to change nothing with the head-gear and follow-up in another 9weeks.  Perfect.  
(Mental plan still on track)
2.  We report to the clinic for Haleigh.  Come to find out that her Dr. has made a special trip on his day off into the clinic to see her and only her.  Gotta give this man his props.  He is wonderful.  Seriously an amazing physician.  He examines Haleigh, listens to her symptoms and .......... is not impressed, however, can gladly tell me it is not asthma related (so I didn't screw her up).  He then orders bloodwork and a CT.  Bloodwork to rule out Mono (very rare in children her age).  He is most concerned about the increased, major fatigue.  She is sleeping 12 hrs at night, napping at school (sometimes into the afternoon lessons), and then on the bus ride home.  She shouldn't be tired or look tired but she looks like she hasn't slept in days.  
Dear little Autumn panics "Mom!  I have a science test!".  We report to CT for the CT, then go back over to lab, then back up to the doc office for results.  They aren't quite back yet.  The labs are still pending.  He sends us over for me to get my scheduled MRI.  On the way I call Bob, "you have to come get Autumn, I am gonna be here awhile with Haleigh".  
Bob - "where are you gonna be?"  
Me - "HERE!"   
Bob - "Janelle I know that, where exactly in the clinic are you going to be?"  
Me - "In MRI"  
Bob - "Where's MRI?"  
Me - "in the clinic, Bob."  
Bob - "Ugh, I know that.  Where in the clinic?"   
Me - "by the Credit Union and Nutrition Center"  
Bob - "I'll find it"
3.  I go have my MRI - just a side note they suck!  Noisy, small, closed space, can't move.  
4..  We go back to the doc office.  Bob meets us there and takes Autumn for her science test.  (they had the choice to do closed or open book and Autumn chose closed.......the only one!)
5.  Dr. comes in.  Officially everything looks fine but on examination he doesn't agree.  She is put back on a 10 course of antibiotic, switches her inhaler for a month and instructions are given for her to rest.  This poor man added us onto a closed clinic schedule and ended up spending 3hrs with us.  That is an awesome doctor.  
6.  We go get the antibiotic.  Come home.  Eat and she takes her first dose.  Then nap.

Though the diagnosis was nothing major or life-threating when, as a mother, you see the light dim in your childs personality and eyes, their energy sucked right from their little bodies for weeks you don't care what the diagnosis you just want them better.  It is gut-wrenching to watch your child fight and fight to just stay awake.  

So, as usual Autumn is great she is my easy one when it comes to health and once again, Miss Haleigh threw me a hiccupping curve ball.  

1 comment:

  1. I hope your little one gets to feeling better!!! That sounds like an exhausting afternoon, so be sure to take care of you!

    ReplyDelete

Archives