


What do you get when you mix a house full of family and friends, food, drinks, laughter and a fight? 

A night that totally kicked ***. Seriously. Not only did George St. Pierre win (never doubted) with awesome skills I was able to mingle, baby snuggle and thoroughly enjoy the company of friends and family. Proving once again that home is where I thrive. My husband says I am a GSP bandwagon fan. I say NAY! I like this fighter for his dedication and respect to the sport. Never arrogant. He does not flaunt his talent in pre-fight interviews. He remains totally humble though being called the best in the history of the sport. GSP's training is unique and vigorous. Traveling
to different parts of the world to expand his knowledge and skills. His training is consistent with each fight. He fights how he fights, wins if he wins, and learns if he loses. Seriously.

To call yourself a lover of the sport you have to admit when someone has skills and GSP has got major skills. If I ever had the chance to see him fight in person, I would jump, full bore, no question about it. Without a doubt my "Team GSP" shirt helped him win! I also discovered
another "Janelle favorite". Jon Jones.

This guy is quick and nails his kicks and punches. Holy cow. Totally called his win at the beginning of the fight and again I was right.
Now, knowing all of this about the sport it leads me to this question...........If I flinch with each punch and kick these men I do not know power off, how then am I to actually watch my brother in February without covering my eyes. FYI people if pics are taken I will be the brunette, next to the guy that looks like GSP, standing in the arena with my eyes closed and face covered thanking God it's not my husband, wishing it wasn't my brother. I promised him that I would "see" one of his fights. I did not promise my eyes would be open or that my face would be visible. Sorry Nate. I'll try!
Congrats on the win!! It sounds like everyone had a great time!! What did you decide on for food?
ReplyDeleteAt the last minute Bob changed the menu to more snackie foods. Which is fine because with the new t.v. he bought I have a feeling we'll be "hosting" more events. I do plan on doing the meatball subs for supper this week though. And the dip is a must try. I am going to have to "create" a reason for that soon.
ReplyDelete