Started the day with a headache. Layed pretty low doing laundry and dishes and such while Bob had some "girl time" with the girls in town. Got a visit from my sister-in-law (Bobert's sister) and the girlies. Chatted with her. Watched "A Love Song for Bobby Long" which I had never watched start to finish. Loved it. Cried. Want to read the book.
Finished up the laundry. Bob left for Daddy's Night Out with the guys up town and I got to girl it up with my girls (ages 9 and 6). We snuggled (cramming all three of us at one end of the couch), did pretty fingers, ate popcorn and watched the beautiful, wonderful Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet in Finding Neverland. I cried again, of course. Thanks Johnny and Kate. I just love that movie. I'd forgotten how much, it's been so long since we last watched it. The simplicity of the premise of the movie is beautiful. As a child you enjoy the story as an adult you enjoy the message in the story.
So overall pretty content. Accomplished some housework (with a sinus headache), chilled with the family, finished my awesome, wonderful book (thank you Jen). Now I end the night ready for slumber with a tearfully cleansed soul and pretty, pink, sparkly, magenta fingers. They actually are the color of a Barbie dress. Ahhh. Sassy. Thanks girls!
Sounds like a perfect evening to me!!
ReplyDeleteSounds nice! Your posts about nice girly times with your daughters always makes me pray that I have at least one little girl some day!
ReplyDelete