Some women have their purses, some have their shoes, some chocolate.........me I have jewelry. To this addiction I thank Dawn (the cleaning nazi). I truly did not have any jewelry other than my wedding band, a ring I had gotten for Christmas while we dated, a mother's pendant and some odds and ends earrings. I barely ever wore earrings to work (I never wear rings, to work I mean). Just as The Cleaning Nazi and I became friends I had discovered Lia Sophia. Had a party, bought some jewelry and that was it. Tried it, loved it, had to have more. Everytime I am out I "wander" by the jewelry cases and my husband knows I am going to say, "oooooooo, Bob" (in that horrible whiny-childlike-voice that your children do when they want something). I've tried to quit but I can't.
After dropping off Gracey the other night, I walked in, Jamie and I chatted and then the the magic, "Jocelyn had a jewelry party, sort of like Lia Sophia. (As she stood there a heavenly glow engolfed her being and I was sure I must have died) Do you want to look at the book?" Like a junkie needing a fix I pounced. Needless to say........I ordered. Just a couple, small, inexpensive pieces. As did Dawn.
As I would like to truly blame all of this on Dawn and say to my husband, "Bob. It's really all Dawn's fault". I know I can't because I had gotten a small nibble of the high before our friendship really blossomed. That's okay though because I pretty much blame all the other stuff on her! Isn't that what friends are for?
We all have our vices!
ReplyDelete