Family Portrait 2009

Family Portrait 2009
Taken just before Dad passed

Friday

Cavity Courage

Today I did the deed.  No!  Not that deed!  Sickos!
I made my trip to the dentist for my routine cleaning, afterall, I am only 8mo late.  Anyone that knows me, knows I detest the dentist.  Not because I don't like my dentist.  I had a bad experience and they put metal in my mouth and scrape on my teeth.  (Shiver) That is like nails on a chalkboard to me.  I cringe when someone bites their fork.  
Although nervous as all get-out, I put on "the brave face" and sucked it up.  See, I spent 4 years, yes 4 years, repairing my damaged teeth due to pregnancy with the Boobers.  Wow!  What a number she did on the whole package.
So, here is how the conversation went:
Tech - How are you today?  Any problems to report?
Me - Um.  Okay.  I think I do have a cavity though.
Tech - Let's take a look
(Sweaty/clenched fists) Metal pointy thing.........clean, poke, shine.
Enter Dr. K
Dr. K - Hi, there.  Little overdue but doing well I see.  
Me - (Gulp) Uh, yeah, okay
Dr. K - Let's take a look
Mouth open wide and he begins the "exam"
Dr. K - Does this hurt?
I raise my hand for him to remove everything from my mouth.
Me - Uh, your poking my gums with a sharp, pointy thingy so yeah, it hurts a little
Dr. K - (Smile) Besides that are you sore anywhere?
Me - Nope
Dr. K - Great Janelle.  See you in 6mo.
Me - Wait!  I don't have a cavity?  Not one?  Right here - (I say while pulling out my cheek and talking with my fingers in my mouth so it sounded more like "Wight Herw")
Dr. K - (Smile) No Janelle it looks good.
Exit Dr. K.  My turn to smile.  Then the tech pulls out that sharp, pointy, metal, scrapy thing (gulp).  Again I disappear to my "Happy Place".  A place where I cannot hear the metal scraping on my teeth.  
Because I was so good and brave............I left with two smiles from the dentist under my belt, a brand new toothbrush and toothpaste.  See.  Sometimes when you suck it up you get big rewards in the end! =)

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I hate the metal scrap-y feeling too!!! You so deserved a "toy" on the way out!

    And what exactly did being PG do to your teeth? I must hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dentist is my least favorite place to go!!

    ReplyDelete

Archives