Family Portrait 2009

Family Portrait 2009
Taken just before Dad passed

Sunday

Proposition 8

Now, I was reading my fellow bloggers the other day and stumbled across a meaningful post.  As, so often, I am simply rambling about life I felt the need to at least spend some time blogging about something I believe in.  As many of you know Proposition 8 recently just passed in California.  Prop 8 reverses the validity of same sex marriage, domestic unions.  A fellow blogger decided to take her wedding ring, placed on her middle finger, and snapped a picture.  This picture speaks volumes and I believe says it all.  I so badly wanted to post one of my own as the original blogger did but I have family that read the blog and ....... well ....... to respect them I chose to simply mention the blog.  The original post is at www.eatingoutloud.com. 
Simply click on the Prop 8 tab on the upper right corner.  It sickens me to no end to know that in 2008 when our country has abolished slavery, fought for the right for women to vote and most recently elected our country's first black president that we are willing to deny a lifetime of love to an entire group of individuals.  Regardless of race, religion, sex or handicap EVERYONE should be loved.  In a way, yes, you pick who you love but I feel that a "loving God" would want all people to be loved and feel love.  I cannot believe, though, as the strongly religious believe, that if one was not to find same sex love there would not be homosexuality.  There would never have been the attraction.  Though I am a heterosexual female married for almost 7 years I think everyone should have what I have, after all, isn't my husband my choice for my "life partner".  Relationships are partnerships regardless of the sex of the individuals involved.  I must make a note that the clinic I currently work for is now is in a sense paving the way to equality.  As of Jan. 1st 2009 they will recognize "life partnerships" and offer health insurance to both individuals - HUGE - !  Boo to Prop 8.  Come on America let's get back on the side of evolving as a nation.  Look what we have accomplished.  I know that this is something our nation will overcome, well for my children's sake, I hope.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archives