Family Portrait 2009

Family Portrait 2009
Taken just before Dad passed

Sunday

Germs, germs, germs

Well, I have very little to blog about since for the last 5 days I have basically been barely awake due to one heck of a cold.  My husband tries to tell me it's because I went to the Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton concert last weekend.  My response.......... "I work in a clinic Bob"  "There's just a few germs in the air there".  As many people at work have all had this dandy of a cold, I was quite quick-witted the other day when one of the Neuropsychologist hinted that I may have contributed to his stuffy nose.  My response was "Dr. P, maybe YOU should stop licking MY phone" (total visual, huh!).  Upon which he informed me that "that's gross", however, never denying guilt ............hmmmmmmm.  
I have been attempting to drown the cold now for 5 days while reporting for work everyday, sanitizing profusely and using no one's phone but my own in attempts to hinder the passing of germs.  I flaked out on a Halloween Bash hosted by the local girl scouts(of which I am a leader) on Thursday and an appointment with a friend and the hubby for Saturday tattoos.  However, being the dedicated wife and mother I did take the "little jungle girls" trick-or-treating then drive home, reassemble myself, drop them at Grandmas and go to dinner with Bob and some friends of ours.  Though I have paid greatly for the efforts of both I feel accomplished in doing them knowing the way I feel.  I was scheduled to do concessions yesterday though decided it better for the community if I spared them the visual mess of serving them their food.  Yummy!
As long as the stock of grape sugar-free koolaide (only the greatest beverage in the world - next to a good Schmirnoff) stays well intact we will be fine.  The universe will not become unbalanced.  However, a Schmirnoff sounds wonderful right now.  Mmmmmm, Schmirnoff.  I definitely need to kick this cold.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archives