Family Portrait 2009

Family Portrait 2009
Taken just before Dad passed

Sunday

Third try's the charm

Um. Yeah. So I have been virtually absent for a year. At the beginning of last year I vowed to blog more, have a better outlook and not let life get me down..............not so good at any of that.

With that being said I was looking through my old posts the other day and realized I missed watching my children grow up. It was a diary to speak of. About their lives, the things they say, the reasons I love being their mother. So I want to get back to that. I feel as though I have been in autopilot for the last couple of years. Many days struggling to "play" happy.

So I vow, really vow, to come back and document my life. The good, the bad and the ugly. Posting stories of love, friendship, happiness and sometimes frustration and as always books, recipes and movies. My three favorite things next to motherhood.


Now for the update:
1. Dad and Grandpa have been gone for a year now and there are still days I have things I would love to share but remember in that instant that they are no longer here. After you loose someone you know all your 'firsts" are going to be difficult. All the first holidays, the first celebrations but what you cannont anticipate is the sadness and loss you feel somedays for no reason at all.

2. The girls, Autumn (11) and Haleigh (8), are doing wonderful. The are bright, thoughtful, caring, beautiful young ladies who are evolving and changing daily into bright, thoughtful, caring, beautiful women. They are involved in 4H this year and loving it so you will most likely see multiple posts about their 4H adventures.

3. We still have Satan's Spawn Copper. I say that with all the love and patience I have. He was born on 6/6/06 and truly his personality and behavior often reflects his birthday. He is nearly 5 years old and still possesses that "puppy" energy level and antics. My eternal toddler I tell him.

4. I still love to cook/bake, read and enjoy a good movie. I have recently began running which has been an amazing help for my back and body not hurt. Staying active truly is the secret, which is hard to do when you hurt, the last thing you want to do is get up and move but it is necessary.

5. Lastly. I am once again a new Aunt to a beautiful little girl. My sister blessed us all with a bundle of joy who we all cannot get enough of.

Well, that's it for now. More to come...............promise.

1 comment:

Archives