Family Portrait 2009

Family Portrait 2009
Taken just before Dad passed

Tuesday

Mr. Bean

The other day someone had overheard me call my baby nephew Bean.  Said person asks, "Janelle, what did you just call Rory?"  I reply, "Oh, he's my Bean!"  Said person, clutching her gut with both hands giggles out "why?"

Here is the story of how one very cute little guy obtains the nickname - "Bean".

While picking up or dropping off my children at my sister's house, (I can't really remember which, which is fine because it really plays no bearing on the story other than that was the reason I was there).  Anyway, little Rory is sitting there in his highchair smiling at me, throwing his food on the floor for the dog to have a second meal, cooing and just, lets be frank, looking cute enough to eat while doing all four.  I just can't resist.  I must, must, must snuggle him.  I assist in
 his escape from his highchair.  I don't even bother to wipe him or it down, (nephew not son, thus I invoke a pass).  I am snuggling him, kissin' on him when all of a sudden I make him giggle and wiggle.  He turns his head and moves just right and a bean falls from the roll in his neck.  It falls to my wrist. With his cat-like reflexes, he spots it and picks it up almost before I even notice.  He then holds it up, almost poking his favorite Aunt in the eye (honestly, really, he has a birthday coming he should be nicer).  He holds his bean, looks at me and quickly pops that lone bean right into the pie-hole.  Gone in a flash.  

So if you hold your veggies in your neck and snack on them later - you too will receive the nickname of said vegetable.  Providing it's not something long like brusselsprout (maybe
 sprout), cauliflower or rutabaga (bleck!  As if!).  So here for all is my little ...........Mr. Bean.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archives