So when I am in these moments doing what just pops into my head when a situation arises I wonder if onlookers would think poorly of me. I know that I am one of those people in the stores that when I see a child having a complete meltdown and see the parent screaming at them, finger in their faces or hovering over the child screaming I have nothing but pity for the child. It is so demeaning for them. Yes, every parent looses it from time to time I just wish that at these moments these parents could step back and see it from a different perspective. Everyone parents differently and I question my ways so does anyone else?
Family Portrait 2009
Taken just before Dad passed
Sunday
Question
Because I had the motherly influence I did I often second guess my every motherly choice I make. Am I too stern? Do I yell too much? Do I stress over things that other mothers don't? Without having a stable comparisson makes it almost impossible to judge for myself. Do other mothers threaten to take the mattresses off the bed frames if the toys don't find their way from under the bed to the toybox? Walk away from a full cart in a store and leave it there because your child has been given 2 warnings and continues the same unruly behavior? Has anyone else actually removed a bedroom door for a day to prove the point that slamming doors in the heat of a temper tantrum is not acceptable? Or bagged up a room full of toys that hadn't been cleaned in a week without a total meltdown and made them earn each toy back? I try to be inventive. I don't believe in the physical route of getting my point across mainly because that is the way I grew up, it was awful and I want to do it differently. I think that so much of children's behaviors are their way of expressing themselves and growing into their own skin. I don't want to deter them and make them robots but I do believe that expression and disipline can be achieved in a respectful way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Categories
All things fun
All things fun and family
another weather post
birthdays
Boober Bits
Book Review
Books/Movies/Entertainment
Brrrrrrrrrr
Daschund humor
Deeeelish and to Die for
dogs
Easter
Easter egg hunts
Family ties
Home
In good fun
Life just happened
Monday Minute
Movie Madness
Really bad mood
Review
Seriously
spring break
Statement Sunday
Sunday Synopsis
tags
Tootsweet Tidbits
Twilight Series
UFC
Wednesday Wrap-up
What is motherhood?
Yep
Every mother worries about this!! Nothing about this job is easy... ; )
ReplyDelete