Has anyone made a pre-judgement of someone?............of course. I am as guilty as the next person. Having a conversation with a fellow co-worker, who since starting, I am happy to call a friend, began to express her "worry" of meeting me as I was on vacation when she started. She said "I have a phobia of pretty girls and blonde girls and pretty blonde girls". "I was intimidated by the picture of you and Dawn. I was afraid you were going to be mean and not like me" (which by the way is completely impossible because she makes me laugh and has a personality that is infectious). Totally unphased by the statement and compliment I laughed because more times than not I have been referred to as the shirt to the left. Now I never take offense to this judgement because up until a couple of years ago, I was extremely cautious of who I let in. I had very few friends, never pursued new ones, in fact I would do all in my power to prevent them. My walls and barricades were completely un-penatratable. I held everyone at arms length, even those I loved, for fear I would be hurt or made a fool of as had happened so many times before. Obviously, this blog would never have come to be as I would have thought it too intrusive. If it had happened it would've been much darker. I did embody the word, however, I have now surrounded myself with individuals that I know would never intentionally hurt me in any way. People that love me and like me for me. So as a friend was pouring out her insecurities of meeting me, honestly and truly, I laughed. Wow! I felt like a total jerk. Anyway, she proceeded to tell me she was glad she was wrong about me and that I wasn't mean to her. I told her not to worry, sometimes, I am happy to carry the title! =) So I happened upon that shirt and had to write this post.

Now this shirt fits............
Thanks to my little Phobia Friend for giving our friendship a chance, giving me a new title
and for being a complete and utter riot. Leilani, you have a wonderful
heart, a beautiful sense of humor and your as cute as a 12yr
old button! Thanks chica. Love ya!
Aww Janelle--what a great post! Very sweet and very sincere. And YOU, my dear, have never been thought of as that first shirt in my eyes! I've loved ya from the start. Now that second shirt?? Absolutely!! (Why do you think I loved you from the start? Lol!)
ReplyDelete