Family Portrait 2009

Family Portrait 2009
Taken just before Dad passed

Friday

Superman

Poor Grandpa.  He's back in the hospital.  Pneumonia flare up again.  He was on antibiotics for almost three weeks with little change in symptoms.  Stopped in to see him before the movie.  It's just so difficult to see anyone you love all hooked up to things.  Though, necessary it just reminds you that the people you love and want to be invincible and immortal are not.  
It just seemed to be a crappy week overall.  A patient came in on Thursday and while taking her blood pressure I inhaled her scent and she smelled like my Grandparents basement which instantly made me think of Grandma.  
Now, please note I am not a freak.  I don't go around sniffing people.  I am just sort of sensitive to smells and smell triggers memories for me.  It's strange I know but it's a quirk.  Anyho, having my memory triggered and Grandpa being admitted to the hospital that same day.  It just makes me a little queasy.  Adding to all of that it is respiratory related again (Grandpa has pulmonary issues) just makes it worse.  We just got past the anniversary of Grandma's passing of a Pulmonary disorder that progressed so quickly.  It just makes me .......... ugh. 
I can't even go there mentally.  While the doctors "flush out" Grandpa's kryptonite we will wait for Superman to regain his strength as he always does.  Though this entry is a bit of a downer I do feel better.  Sometimes just getting it out helps.  Even if it's to a cyber-world of strangers.   Keep Grandpa in your prayers.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this Janelle. =( I hope he's out of the hospital soon!

    ReplyDelete

Archives