First Haleigh,
He teacher says she is a good student, eager to learn, polite, friendly, helpful, caring and a good leader. The teacher showed me some of her work and the progress she has made even since the beginning of the year. Glow, glow. Smile. Tears. Yes I cry at conferences. After leaving conferences with her home room teacher one of her "Guided Reading" teachers stopped to tell me how well Haleigh was grasping things and then she said something I NEVER thought would be said about this child, ................ she said Haleigh was quiet. What! Are we talking about the same girl?! Quiet? Haleigh? My bubbly little bundle of fun and laughter. Who knew?
Now for Autumn,
Of course she is testing high for her age. She has ranked with end of 4th quarter scores. Yeah! As usual, she is a positive role model, polite, helpful, caring, considerate, a good leader. She continues to show strength in reading, writing, comprehension and spelling. However, her teacher feels she lacks confidence in math, although, completely unwarranted. She is a good student all around and her teacher is excited to begin the book club in December, which, of course Autumn is a part of.
So all in all the girls did great. I praised them up and down on the way home. I told Autumn we would begin really focusing on improving her math (yeah me - I suck at math - poo) and Haleigh we would continue to enhance her reading and knowledge of sight words.
Copper was just happy we were home. Bob is actually staying in tonight. No deer shinning and the coon are safe for the night. Oh, take that back - he just left to shine.
Check out my blog, I left you something ; )
ReplyDeleteAwww...sounds like the girls got great reviews!! Good for them--that's awesome!! =)
ReplyDelete