Family Portrait 2009

Family Portrait 2009
Taken just before Dad passed

Thursday

Good Intentions

Well, for those of you not familiar with my desire to be less, ahem, "squishy" I do have good intentions.  
I totally intended to workout when I got home before I did anything, then, SURPRISE!, my sister-in-law (might as well be blood related) stopped by with Abby, Lara, Kate and baby Alex.  HELLO Baby!  How could I resist.  The snuggles, the wiggles, the grunting and ........ the smell.  If you have never seen "Baby Mama" get it and when you get to the part in the elevator where she sniffs the baby.  That's me.  Seriously.  I love the smell.  I am often scolded by my children when I am "caught" smelling them.  Haleigh used to say, "Mommy, I'm a people NOT a flower" so now I have to be more clever with my sniffing.
So as punishment, no, no, incentive for me to earn my movie tomorrow night the all holy "Twilight" I will get up and get the girls off, work-out, clean house and recover from my slack-job tonight.   Then before going to the movie I will attempt another work-out because after all, I am down 6 whole pounds.  Go Janelle!  I am convincing myself that it is not just water.  Crossing fingers, praying nightly (okay hourly) and promising God better church attendance.  I am also hoping that half a package of Girl Scout Thin Mints (oops) is what minus 10 pounds.  Sorry! I was up at 2am with a headache and Thin Mints make everything better.It says so on the box.  Seriously.  Kind of like a good booze used to make the men look hotter.  Hey, maybe I should just hook up an I.V. to the hubby then I'd look hot even at my worst.  (2 weeks ago I was nearly a walking corpse.  Sexxxxxy!)

The, Copper, he's a ................ stinker.  He is racking up the naughty points and only in the last two days.  Last night he made his way to the table top to finish off Haleigh's left-over ham.  He is 2in tall and he was in such a ham-coma he could not remember the rule - NO COPPERS ON THE TABLE, and then tonight he peed on my kitchen floor.  Aaaaahhhhh.  He knows he's naughty but he is throwing a temper tantrum because we have been absent almost all week.  He is like a toddler.  Remember the post last week about the stupid dog hunt I had to have, I guess he just likes to give me a run for my money.  So I guess we both have good intentions.

1 comment:

  1. You had intentions of working out thats better then nothing!! It's all about getting in the routine and once your there it will be super easy. I know from experience!!

    ReplyDelete

Archives