Family Portrait 2009

Family Portrait 2009
Taken just before Dad passed

Tuesday

Totally uncool?


Yes, yes those of you noticing the time it is 5:30AM and though I should be running off the booty on the treadmill I have decided to share some sadness and put health on the back burner for now.  

I fear I am no longer cool in the eyes of Haleigh.  =(  So sad but apparently true.  After her appointment yesterday I decided to treat her and take her shopping ..... just her and Mommy the way she loves it.  Our mission was shoes.  Argh.  Any type of shopping with Haleigh can be extremely trying and I mean that with all loving intentions.  Haleigh is very "delicate" to the way her clothes "feel".  Keep in mind this is the child I called all over creation - literally - to find out if any stores made seamless undies.  Yep, people how fun do you suppose that question and conversation was.  At least now I have it on record with multiple stores across the nation, that if need be, at any time in the future I could plead guilty by reason of insanity or mental defect............

So back to the story.  We have finally tackled the shoe problem leaving mass chaos in the shadows.  I am sure the lady at the shoe store was cussing me to hell in her petite little head.  After the major shoe accomplishment I was feeling VERY brave and suggested we look for some new socks.   Longest pause in history I think.  Finally, Haleigh agreed we could "try".  Success!!!!  

With two major shopping successes under my belt I should've known not to push it, but again I attempted.  This one not quite as successful.  We decided to shop a little for some "fun" clothes because she said she hadn't gotten anything "fun" yet.  I had no idea how truly "not fun" the next experience would be.  I was looking for some "fun" funky tops and pulling out what I thought to be "totally cute" for a 6yr old in Kindergarten.  Apparently, style has changed because at my suggestions she looks at me and this beautiful, innocent, little girl I love with all my heart, turns to me, rolls those big, beautiful, blue eyes and says "argh, mom, you are so NOT cool".   Aaaaaaah!  Heart grasping!  Chest pain!   Head spinning!  Did that just happen?  That fast?   Must recover.   

I show her the last two tops and it was as if the heavens opened and a heavenly light shone upon the last two and in that moment I had been redeemed in my daughter's eyes.  All I could think was, ........................ "Few", (hand wiping imaginary sweat beads) "That was too close".   So in conclusion I still don't know what the next shopping experience will bring.  I may again, truly, be "totally uncool".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archives