On with the random thoughts.
I have recently begun to delve into the world of reading. Lead your children by example right? So anyway, I have read many wonderfully suspense-filled thrillers (my weakness in life.........next to Skittles), however, a girlfriend at work, Jennifer, who helped to re-inspire the reading suggested a book called "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. OMG! The premise of the back story is a family in attempts to save their daughter, creates through science and medicine an exact genetic match to use in a procedure that could cure their eldest daughter. The question raised is when does the medical genetic donor get to be a person and not just "her sisters donor". Thought provoking in so many ways. So as I was meandering through the store the other day I happened across an entire display of her books. Of course I bought one called "Nineteen Minutes" and of course I was not disappointed. I bought the book on a Friday, began it that evening and finished by Monday. Another quick, thought provoking read. This one about a teenage tragedy and all the victims involved and how even the convicted is viewed, by someone and in someway a victim. I highly recommend any of her books. She makes you think about things completely opposite of what you feel or how you think you would.
The other random thought. Log on to Allrecipes.com and type in fruit salsa, .................. then make it. Deeeeeelish. I made it this last Saturday for a get-together. It was a mexican theme and I was stumped and tired and wanted something new, different, easy and good. Not very demanding I know. The kids were able to help make the chips and the risk paid off it was a hit! Good healthy alternative too. It will be one I continue ............ even if the event is not themed!
No comments:
Post a Comment